The Birth Place
Each expectant mother works with our Women's Services team to create an individualized birthing plan which may include a birthing coach, a midwife, a specially trained doula, a natural childbirth without medication or other available options. We encourage all expectant mothers and families to sign up to take a tour of our birth suites.
Childbirth Services at Emory Johns Creek Hospital include:
- Childbirth classes to prepare expectant mothers and families for the child’s arrival.
- Large birthing suites designed to make the experience comfortable.
- Overnight accommodations in Mother and Baby units – overnight visitation is available for parents and family in large accommodating suites. In-room sleepover couches and loungers are also available.
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Family Sleepover Room an area for the family to prepare for the baby’s homecoming. In this area, the parents can sleep and simulate what it will be like with the baby at home while also having the peace of mind of having NICU nurses close by to assist or advise if needed.
- On-call baby photography - a contracted photographer can be requested who will come and photograph the newborn as instructed by the family.
- On-call lactation nurse for new moms to help train and provide feeding tips.
- In-house and always available anesthesia and OB physician on-call. An assured physician presence at every birth.
We are committed to providing you the very best of care in the most comfortable of settings. Some of the things we’re most proud of at The Birth Place:
- All private rooms
- Labor/delivery/recovery suites
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Board certified Neonatologists on staff
- Certified Lactation Consultant
- 24-hour Anesthesiologists
- Personal, pampered attention
- Family-Centered Care
The Birth Place at Emory Johns Creek Hospital has been designed with the needs of the entire family in mind. Our roomy suites are furnished with sleeping/lounging areas for spouse or coach, wireless internet and flat screen televisions.
At Emory Johns Creek Hospital, putting the “special” in your special day is our top priority. As part of one of the most respected academic institutions, Emory Johns Creek Hospital offers the expertise of board-certified, experienced physicians in a luxurious, boutique-like birthing environment right here close to home.
Tours of The Birth Center at Emory Johns Creek Hospital are offered every Thursday evening at 6 p.m. and every Saturday at 10 a.m. If you would like a tour, please register now. On the date of your tour, meet us in the main lobby at the entrance of the hospital. We look forward to seeing you!
There are no set visiting hours at Emory Johns Creek Hospital. It is our policy to be flexible and accessible for family to visit our guests anytime. We ask children who are visiting be free of any illness, including fever, runny noses, coughs, etc. and always accompanied by an adult. The Birth Place is a secured unit. Visitors may request entry at the doors next to the elevators or visit the nurses station.
Newborn Portraits are now available at Emory Johns Creek Hospital by a professional, award-winning photographer.
Emory Johns Creek Hospital offers Breast Feeding Support Classes every third Thursday from 11 a.m. to noon. Meet with a board-certified lactation specialist and meet with other mothers and new babies. No RSVPs necessary. Walk-ins welcome.